Z-LASIK IS DIFFERENT! Z-LASIK offers many advantages that lead to better results:
- Z-LASIK has an extremely low impact on the eye: The procedure takes only a few minutes per eye. The time the laser is in contact with the eye is reduced to a minimum.
- Z-LASIK is comfortable and painless: Your head is not fixed during the procedure.
- Precision: A wavescan of your eye is done the day of your surgery. This is an advanced method used to create a detailed map of your eye and guide your laser vision correction. It is 25 times more accurate than previous LASIK laser systems and can detect even the most subtle eye abnormalities.This provides a new level of precision and accuracy for optimizing each patient's vision based on their specific eye.
- Z-LASIK helps in severe cases: Thanks to the extremely high frequency of the laser pulses, the layers of the cornea are separated with unprecedented precision, creating an ultra-thin flap. Z-LASIK is therefore effective in patients who were previously not candidates for laser surgery, including those patients with extreme myopia or thin corneas.
- No inflammation: The laser energy used for Z-LASIK is 100 times less powerful than with other laser procedures. This is more gentle to the corneal tissue and prevents temporary inflammatory reactions of the eye.
- Fast result: The recovery period is shorter than for other techniques. Visual improvement is noticeable within a few hours.
- Fewer side effects: Z-LASIK enables the surgeon to enlarge the treatment zone. This reduces the risk of undesirable side effects such as dry eyes, deteriorated night vision or haloes (rings of light that surround point sources of light).
The 4 Steps of the Z-LASIK Procedure
- Pre-operative Exam
Your physician performs a series of tests to ensure that your eyes are healthy and suitable for laser vision correction. Then, your eye is electronically measured in detail. Thousands of data points are surveyed to create an accurate three-dimensional image of your eye’s surface. From this image, the computer calculates the laser treatment that will best correct your refractive error.
- Flap Creation
A few minutes before the laser treatment, you are given numbing eye drops. A lid speculum is placed between your eyelids to keep them open and to prevent you from blinking during the procedure. Next, your eye is prepared for the correction itself by creating the corneal flap. The top layer of the cornea (approx. 0.1 mm thin) is separated with the laser and folded back.
- Corneal Correction
Now the curvature of the cornea is reshaped for the desired refraction. An excimer laser ablates corneal tissue within seconds and precisely to the hundredth of a millimeter. This procedure is performed inside the cornea; the outer, very sensitive layers of the cornea are not touched by the laser. Finally, the treated area is recovered with the flap that heals quickly. The whole procedure takes only a couple of minutes. Immediately after treatment, you can open and close your eye normally.
- Easy Aftercare
Many patients notice improved vision immediately following Z-LASIK. Most continue to notice improvement over several weeks after surgery. You will need to use eye drops the first weeks following surgery to promote healing. Your doctor will review all postoperative instructions with you at your evaluation.
The cost of Z-LASIK – the precise, gentle way to restore sharp vision – is $2,499 for each eye. This covers evaluations before surgery, the surgery itself and post-operative care. We usually offfer a discount, so be sure to ask us as you schedule your free screening. We work hard to make Z-LASIK affordable, and we have options to meet your needs. We offer 18-month, no-interest financing with regular monthly payments, or payments of about $100/month with extended monthly payments. We also have other options to fit your budget. Learn more.